1. According to Oxford Dictionaries, the 2013 word of the year is ‘selfie‘. Your thoughts? When did you last take a selfie? Do you post them online somewhere? Do you prefer to be in front of the camera or behind the lens?
I took one selfie about two years ago to post for a young friend of mine who was bugging me to post one. I hate selfies. I much prefer to be behind the lens. I don’t even like someone else taking my picture.
2. Will you send out Christmas Cards this year? If so, are they ready to go? If not, are you glad or sad about leaving that tradition behind?
I send Christmas cards to keep in touch with relatives and friends far away. I also send Christmas cards to Postcrossing friends who ask for them. I have already sent a few of these. I will send my Christmas cards in the next week I guess. I actually like the tradition.
3. Do you trust easily?
No. I’ve been burned too many times. I really don’t trust easily. I’m very wary.
4. Pine-cinnamon-peppermint-vanilla (as in sugar cookie)…of those listed, which one is your favourite December scent?
Pine is my favorite Christmas scent. It reminds me of Christmas trees.
5. Did you do more talking or more listening yesterday? Was that by choice or by necessity?
I did more listening. I listened to my granddaughter’s woes about her job.
6. What’s the last song that got stuck in your head? Sorry if it’s back there now
Of all things, it’s Miley Cyrus’s Wrecking Ball. Horrors!
7. Which world explorer (in the whole history of the world) would you most like to have travelled with, and why?
I think I would have liked to travel with Alexander the Great. He was the first great explorer and conquerer. I think his travels would have been amazing for his day and age.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Our temperature dropped from the 80s to the 50s and will continue to drop today through the 40s. Our weather is crazy. In 24 hours we went from shirt-sleeve weather to heavy jackets.