The topic is to make a list of ten things you like to do that you haven’t done in a year. So here goes. Warning: this is not G-rated.
2. I haven’t traveled to Europe in several years. I love Italy and would like to visit Luxembourg where my ancestors came from, Baden Baden, Germany, and Ireland. I also love Barcelona and the south of France. I would love to go back and spend time traveling in Europe.
3. I haven’t made any mosaics in a year. My apartment is not set up for working on my mosaics and I need to clean and reorganize things so that I have work space.
4. I haven’t done any dyeing of fabric, which I love to do to decorate it, in over a year. The last time I did decorative dyeing was about two years ago for my nephew’s wedding.
5. I haven’t been to a nice French restaurant i several years, and I’d really love to go to one. There is a good one in Austin and there must be a good one in San Antonio (maybe), and I’d eat escargeau and frog legs. Hmmm.
7. I would like to have some really good Italian food. I have yet to find good Italian food in San Antonio and would really enjoy a good Italian meal that doesn’t involve marinara sauce on everything.
8. I want a REAL bagel. Really good bagels are impossible to find in Texas. I have a theory that it’s because we have crummy water and that makes the bagels crumbly. It’s just a theory, but everywhere you go for a bagel, they are crumbly. (Are you seeing a trend here?)
9. I haven’t had a nice sit-down meal at my daughter’s house in over a year. I am never invited over there for dinner. The last time we had dinner together was for my granddaughters’ birthday but we went out to eat. I would like to have a family dinner at home.
10. I would like to get a new Mac Book or an ipad. I haven’t had a new computer in over a year but would like a new Mac Book or an ipad, which is sort of like a computer so I can include it in my list.
Food figures quite a lot in my list, as you can see. That’s because I really enjoy good food and would really love to have food that I appreciate. Number one, you can understand but I’m not just going out and finding just anyone. I would need a loving partner, which I don’t have at the moment. I have someone that would be a loving partner but he happens to be married so that would not be cool. I don’t seem to find time to do my hobbies and as I said, things aren’t set up for my hobbies.
And then there is the food. Good food which I really miss. San Antonio has lots of Mexican restaurants which is nice if you like Tex-Mex food, which I don’t, and the other types of food suffer. I love to travel for holiday and actually traveled to visit family and friends about 6 months ago, but not to Europe. And there is the advanced technology, which would be really nice. I love new technology; I don’t understand it but I love it when it works.
So there you have it. Ten things I haven’t done in a year and would REALLY like to.