1. Do you and your family enjoy camping? What do you enjoy the most/like the least about family camping? When was the last time you camped?
I have never been family camping and have no real desire to do so. My daughter and her family have gone camping but they are not fanatics about it. I do not enjoy the “great outdoors.”
2. Did you attend a summer camp as a kid? Is that a happy or not so happy memory?
I did attend summer camp for two years when I was a youngster and did not enjoy it. Everything was so competitive and the lake water was ice cold. I felt completely out of my element.
3. Over the course of your life, what have you probably spent more time pondering than anything else?
I have probably pondered “why am I here; what is my purpose?” I also have pondered why certain traumatic things like my divorces have happened and what I did wrong in my part of the equation.
4. Which of the seven natural wonders of the world would you most like to see? There are many lists of wonders but this is the standard natural wonder list-Mount Everest, The Great Barrier Reef, The Grand Canyon, Victoria Falls, The Harbor of Rio de Janerio, Paricutan Volcano and The Northern Lights.
I would love to see the Northern Lights, Victoria Falls, and the Grand Canyon. I have only seen the Grand Canyon from the air.
5. What was your first real job?
I was a caseworker at Albany County Social Services in Children’s and Family Services. It was a difficult and heart-breaking job. Now I volunteer at CASA with abused and/or neglected children. It’s my first calling.
7. What is something that always brings a smile to your face?
Being with my granddaughters. My dogs always make me smile, too.
8. Insert your own random thought here-
My daughter and I seem to be getting along a little better these days, for which I am very grateful. Of course she had a therapy appointment last night so she might not feel so disposed toward me today.