1. Do you think the world became a more dangerous place on September 11, 2001 or are we just more aware of the danger? How has your own life changed as a result of that day?
I think we have become more aware that there are people out there who hate others, in this case Americans. It seems that the world has become more dangerous because there have been more attacks or attempted attacks on Americans. However, Europeans have been going through terrorist attacks for awhile. We have just become hypersensitive to terror attacks, all countries. But Americans are now included in the terror targets.
My life has not changed that much. Some people look at me with hostility because I am Muslim, but not many. The greatest change has been in airport procedures.
2. Did you think your parents were too strict when you were growing up? How about in hindsight?
My parents were very strict when I was growing up. They gave my brother and sister much more freedom than I had.
3. Share one random but candid fact about yourself.
I lost 10 pounds during Ramadan.
4. Would your nearest and dearest describe you as simple or far too complicated?
I think my family would say I am very complicated and no one can figure me out.
5. What is your favourite stadium or carnival food?
Funnel cakes or fried dough, that’s my favorite.
6. Tornado, hurricane, earthquake…how many of these natural disasters have you experienced? Which do you think would be the scariest?
I have experienced hurricanes and earthquakes. Hurricanes were the scariest, since the earthquakes were quite minor.
7. Labor day weekend is approaching so a work related question seems appropriate. Growing up, did your parents assign you regular chores? Were you paid for doing those chores. If you’re a parent do you assign chores to your own children? Why or why not?
I had regular chores to do, and I received an allowance each week. When my daughter was growing up, her only chore was to do her laundry. She didn’t get an allowance.
That last question was inspired by a post Mindee wrote on Monday. Everyone go say hi to Mindee. She blogs at Our Front Door and she’s funny.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The heat here has been ridiculous–110 and 107F; almost 50 days of triple digit heat. It’s very tiring.