1. Have you ever been ‘asked’ to report for jury duty? Were you chosen to serve? If not, were you happy or disappointed?
I have been called to report for jury duty four times: once in Austin (I was not chosen); once in San Antonio (not chosen); twice for municipal court(once chose, once not). I didn’t ming being chosen to serve. It was a rather simple traffic ticket case and shouldn’t have gone to trial but it was her right. I was glad to be part of the system. I rather liked it as it wasn’t a life or death situation. I wouldn’t mind serving on a jury again.
2. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being very) how mechanically inclined are you? Give an example to back up your answer.
On a scale of 1-10, I would rank about a 3. I have a terrible time with mechanical things. Eventually I can fingure things out but it takes me a long time and if it involves upper body strength, forget it.
3. Beets-cabbage-cauliflower-butternut squash…of the four, which is your favourite fall vegetable?
Beets are my favorite. But I also like cabbage and butternut squash.
4. What do you recommend to overcome self-pity?
Doing something for other people. Doing volunteer work. Doing work for people who are worse off than you. That will shake you out of your self-pit right away.
5. Do you enjoy classical music?
I love classical music. Even modern classical music. I enjoy it so much. I think it comes from listening to so much of it when my daughter was dancing ballet.
6. October is National Book Month…what’s on your reading list this month?
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See. It is the book our book discussion group will be discussing in November. I’m also reading Tomb of the Golden Bird by Elizabeth Peters (an Amelia Peabody Emerson mystery) and jane Austen’s Sense and Sensibility. I’m also reading Paul Doherty’s The Spies of Sobeck, a novel of ancient Egypt.
7. What is your idea of ‘cute’ ?
Sweet, pretty, nice, pleasant.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’m currently at the beach at the Gulf of Mexico. I love the ocean and plan to go horseback riding on the beach today. I love the ocean and have to go home tomorrow. Sad.