Thanks to Redneck Princess for this. It really made me think.
1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
I think I would be about 45.
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
Never trying, for sure..
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
Good question, and I have stopped doing so many things that I don’t like and started doing things that I like.
4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
Probably, but I will have wished I had done more.
5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
Reduce the number of people who are hungry, have inadequate housing and clothing and education and employment and get politicians in our country and others to realize that this is the real problems, not the junk they squabble about.
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
I am doing what I believe in.
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
I would live life differently (I’m way over the limit).
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
I have contolled it somewhat but not as much as I should have.
10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
I worry about doing the right things.
11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
I would stand up for my friend. These people would not be friends of mine if they were like that,
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Live your life and be happy.
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
Yes. There’s a fine line.
15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
I do so many things differently than most people.
16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
Because I’m different than a lot of people.
17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
I want to travel but it costs money ans=d and Ih’ve loaned money to relatives who aren’t paying me back on time.
18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
I’d move to New York State to be with my siblings.
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?Yup. Nope.
21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
A joyful simpleton, I think. Though I would prefer to be a joyful genius.!
22. Why are you, you?
Because of life experiences.
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
I try to be a good friend. I’m a bit of an introvert so I don’t know.
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
When I good friend moves away.
25. What are you most grateful for?
For my faamily
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
I would rather never be able to make new memories. I love the old ones.
27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
I think we always challenge the truth to know the truth.
28.Has your greatest fear ever come true?
29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
Yes. I doesn’t matter now.
30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
being with my grandmother at her hosue overnight. She made me feel special.
31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
I can’t really say. It’s been awhile. Sad.
32. If not now, then when?
When I took a new job when I moved to texas.
33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
Not for a long time,
35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
That’s religion but not faith.
36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
I’m retired so it wouldn’t matter.
38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
I’d rather have more work I enjoy doing.
39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
I don’t remember
41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
We’re afraid of what others think of us.
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
I stopped thinking that a long time ago.
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
I love my family. I try to let them know it.
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
Probably, I have a pretty organized life
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
I make my own decisions