1. The NFL playoffs were held this past weekend and this year’s Superbowl will feature the New York Giants versus The New England Patriots. How do you define ‘patriot’?
I define patriot as someone who is loyal to his or her country.
2. What’s something in your life right now that feels like a ‘giant’?
The bill for my tooth implant.
3. What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you think back to being 18?
Being really shy and insecure. Not being very sure of myself or what I wanted at that time.
4. Coconut-mashed potatoes-vanilla ice cream-mayonnaise…which white food would be the hardest to give up?
Ice cream, for sure. I hate coconut.
5. Describe an incident or a day you remember as being the coldest you’ve ever experienced.
There was a day in December just before New Year’s Eve when I went to get our buttons to attend our city’s New Year’s Eve celebration and it was extremely cold. I was bundled up in my warmest coat, a warm fur hat, a scarf, leg warmers, boots, mittens, and probably sweaters underneath as I walked down the block from my office to city hall to buy the buttons. I must have looked liked an Eskimo because a photographer took my photo for the newspaper.
6. You’re hosting a brunch….what’s your favourite dish to prepare and serve?
I have never hosted a brunch and probably never will but I would like to make eggs Benedict and crepes Suzette.
7. How do you combat negative thinking?
I meditate and I read. I distract myself. It’s the only way. To try to think positively doesn’t work for me.
8. Insert your own random thought here.