1. The Hodgepodge falls on the last day of the month this year, a leap year. How will you spend that extra day?
I did a lot of reading, and was glad I had an extra day to fit in a visit to one of my CASA kids. I had had to cancel my Monday visit on Monday because I had a virus and couldn’t make my February visit, so I was very glad to have an extra day in February to my little boy.
2. What has recently required a leap of faith on your part?
Writing letters of apology to my son-in-law and daughter for my poor behavior and asking their forgiveness.
3.We’re one week into the season of Lent…are you marking these forty days in some way? Giving something up or adding something extra to normal life? How’s it going so far?
I’m not Christian so I don’t observe Lent.
4. When was the last time you sat beside a fire?
I really don’t remember. I remember my ex-husband (before he was my ex) and I had a couple of fires in our fireplace. That was over 10 years ago.
5. Surf and turf is on the menu. Do you order as is or do you ask for just the surf (lobster), just the turf (steak) or a menu so you can select another option?
I LOVE lobster and steak so I would order the surf and turf exactly as it is on the menu. Yum!
6. If you could have any television show back, not in reruns but in new episodes, what program would you choose?
I loved the show “Welcome Back, Kotter” from many years years. Of course the characters are all much older (or dead) but it was a great show.
7. They say an elephant never forgets. These days would you say your memory is more like an elephant or a gnat?
My memory is pretty good, but I am prone to forget things on occasion. Luckily, I have my trusty iphone and I check it every day and a few days ahead to make sure where I’m supposed to be and when I’m supposed to be there.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I was supposed to go out to a concert last night but I was worn out from my CASA visit and I have begun to realize that my nighttime driving is not what it used to be. I avoid night driving whenever I can because my eyesight is just not that good at night. I’m sorry to have missed the concert but I fell right to sleep so I really need my rest and I didn’t risk an accident by driving downtown in the dark.