1. The first day of spring is here-do you enjoy working in the yard? Weeding, raking, mowing, planting…your favourite springtime garden chore? How about your least favourite?
I haven’t a garden nor a yard so I do no garden work, which is just as well since I really don’t like yard work.
2. What puts a spring in your step?
Seeing all the spring wildflowers along the highways, especially the Texas bluebonnets.
3. Describe a time when you had to spring into action.
When my daughter was about 2 1/2, she was feeding herself bits of cut up turkey and apparently stuffed too much in in mouth at once and began to choke. I picked her up out of her highchair and whacked her on the back and the wad of turkey came flying out.
4. We’re having carrots for dinner…would you prefer yours raw or cooked?
I prefer tender, cooked carrots. Not mushy, mind you, but tender. They are also better for you than raw carrots because they release their vitamins better when they’re cooked.
5. Do you take the shampoos and other sundries from your hotel room when it’s time to check out?
I used to but I don’t any more.
6. What’s the most enjoyable team or club you’ve belonged to and what was it that made it so?
I enjoyed belonging to OASIS, the group for over 50 year old people here. They offer classes, opportunities for mentoring students, trips, etc. I meet lots of great people and have a great time.
7. Is cloning a sign of progress?
I suppose it’s progress because it tells us more about biology and genetics.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I would really like our election cycle to be over with. It is such a mess.