1. The Summer Olympics officially begin this Friday…will you be watching? If you could see just one event in person which one would you pick?
I think I would like to see the ladies gymnastics. I’ve always been amazed at how those young women can perform on the balance beam and the uneven bars. I love the vault as well and the floor routine is usually entertaining.
2. Do lazy days make you feel rested or unproductive?
A little of both. I do feel rested but I always feel guilty that I haven;t done something that I should jave done and thus have been unproductive, such as done the revisions to my book or written the new chapter (yes, they still need to be done).
3. July 25 is ‘officially’ Threading the Needle day…can you sew? On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being not at all and 10 being Betsy Ross-like, how would you rate your skill with a needle and thread?
I rate myself a 2 in sewing. I can sew on a button that’s fallen off and in a pinch can repair a torn seam (it doesn’t look too good). If I have a sewing machine, I can sew a semi-straight line, not a straight line. I’m pathetic.
4. Threading the Needle can also mean to walk a fine line between two things or issues (think awkward social situation). When was the last time you had to ‘thread the needle’, figuratively speaking?
Whenever I’m with my daughter, I’m threading the needle. I’m always walking a fine line with her as to what will set her off on some tirade. I don’t always know what that will be. It’s always a challenge to engage her in conversation.
5. Kidney, pinto, black, or navy-your favourite bean?
Navy beans are my favorite, especially made into Boston baked beans.
6. Have you ever hosted a garage sale? Was it more success or bust?
Never had a garage sale. Too much trouble. Who would want my old junk?
7. What makes you roll your eyes?
Boasting or making big claims about oneself.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I just got my new CASA case and made my first foster home visits this week. The children are 10, 2, and 1. The 2 and 1 year old are adorable, and the 10 year old is truly delightful. I am glad to have this case.