1. I (Joyce) included this quote (attributed to William H. Danforth) in my blog post on Monday…”The best cure for a sluggish mind is to disturb its routine.” When was the last time you ‘disturbed your routine’ and how’d you do it?
I disturbed my routine unintentionally on Saturday last when my car began to dump transmission fluid and and blew out my transmission because the yahoos at the body shop where I had taken my car to have body work done from an accident had left off an imprtant clamp to the transmission. This meant I had to have my car towed to the repair shop and get a rental car, wait until Monday to contact the body shop and tell them they had screwed up massively, and still wait patiently for my poor car to be repaired. At least the body shop is paying for the repairs.
2. What’s your favourite fried food indulgence?
Fried dough, or Indian fry bread as it is sometimes called, depending where you are. With lots of powdered sugar on top. Yum!
3. Did you have an allowance as a kid? What did you do with it? Do you give your own kids an allowance?
Yes, I had an allowance. I had to contribute some to church and the rest I saved to buy stuff for myself (magazines, make-up, etc.) It wasn’t much of an allowance but it bought me the little things I needed and paid for my way into dances, etc.
4. What’s something you wish you knew more about?
I wish I understood more about physics. I took physics in high school and didn’t do that well, but I would like to understand how things work (like electricity and motion and quarks and such).
5. Is there anything you feel too old to do anymore? If so, what?
Not really sure. I’d know it if I saw it.
6. What’s a song you think has a great first line?
My mind has drawn a complete blank on songs at this question. I can’t think of a first line to any song, much less one I think is a good one. The only one I remember is the chorus to Breakfast at Tiffany’s: Then I said, We both liked “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”
7. Who are you writing to/for when you create a blog post. In other words…as you write, who is the audience in your head?
I just write to get stuff out of my head. My audience is out there, my fellow bloggers, and I write to tell them what is going on in my life, such as it is.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I would like to get my own car back someday. Rentals are nice (especially the Mercedes) but I want my own car back.