I’m joining Joyce this week for her 99th edition of the Wednesday Hodgepodge. If you want to join in, please hop over to Joyce’s blog and follow her instructions. See you there!
Yes, I do. But as a Muslim, I don’t drink it any longer since Muslims don’t drink alcoholic beverages. However, my favorite was Carlsburg.
2. What’s your least favourite repetitive task?
Filling the dog food dishes with food and water each morning when I get up before I take the dogs out for their walk.
3. When was the last time you rode in a bus? Where was it headed?
I was on a charter bus that was on a tour of media in our city. We went to a television station to be in the audience for a morning talk show and then to our local public radio and classical radio station (they are housed together). We had lunch at a local German deli and then went to our local newspaper facility.
4. What song from your childhood or from your own children’s childhood could make a parent’s nerves stand on end?
My favorite song as a tyke was “Billy Boy” and I would play it over and over on the record player. It must have made my mother crazy. I also sang along with it. It went: “Can she bake a cherry pie, Billy boy, Billy boy? Can she bake a cherry pie, charming Billy? She can bake a cherry pie. She’s the apple of my eye, but she’s a young thing and cannot leave her mother.” Enough to make you go mad.
5. The US Presidential election cycle is drawing to a close (can I get an AMEN??),and the third and final debate was held last night….what was the last thing you ‘debated about’?
I “debated” with my daughter about the merits of the two presidential candidates. We don’t exactly see eye-to-eye (that’s putting it mildly) and our debate ended in a draw.
6. Can a person make too much money? How much is too much? Yes. The salaries made by executives of corporations are obscene and unjust. There is such a thing as a just wage, a fair wage which is enough to live comfortably on, to pay bills and have enough to spend on extras but not to squirrel away in off-shore accounts and spend on several homes.
Can a person spend too much money? Yes. It’s easy to spend too much on yourself. It’s possible to spend too much on helping others and neglecting your own needs, but this happens less frequently.
Can a person earn so much they waste a lot of money? Yes.
Can a person who makes ‘too much money’ also do a lot of good in this world? Certainly. Look at Bill and Melinda Gates. They are a perfect example of people who do so much good with their money.
7. Pop-soda-coke-something else…what’s it called where you live?
In New York where I grew up, it was called soda and pop (we lived on the dividing line of the territorial term). Here in San Antonio, most people refer to it as soda.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Autumn is almost really here! The temperature is supposed to drop tonight and the high tomorrow is supposed to be in the 60s (our highs this week have been in the 80s and 90s). Everyone is quite excited and digging out sweaters and jackets. We may even get some rain. Woo-hoo!