Wishing all Hodgepodgers around the world the gift of a thankful heart today and everyday! THANK YOU to Joyce for another brilliant Hodgepodge this week. Best wishes to you and your family for a peaceful and enjoyable Thanksgiving.
1. Turkey-love it or leave it? White meat or dark? What’s your favourite thing to make using leftover turkey?
Love Love Love Turkey! White meat, dark meat, love it all! Especially love the skin! I know it’s terrible for you, but it’s so good. Turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce are the best leftovers, I think. You can make all sorts of casseroles but give me a good old turkey sandwich.
2. Gotta burn off all those carbs the day after a holiday feast so which would you rather do-run a 10K or climb a mountain?
I would do a 10K WALK, not run (my knees would not hold out) but I’d also like to climb a mountain. That would be fun.
3. Do you feel like social networking has made your relationships better or worse? Explain.
It has been good in that I keep in contact with people I normally wouldn’t, and have made good friends on social media (though I’m not sure how that happened). I don’t have a relationship with y daughter on social media since she unfriended me but my sister tells me everything she posts.
4. How do you find and express gratitude for the hard things in your life?
I thank God for the hard things in my life because I know that I will learn something from them. They are still hard, but some good will come out of them.
5. In the US the day after Thanksgiving has been dubbed ‘Black Friday’. Is most of your holiday shopping done live and in person or is done more through the magic of the Internet? How do you feel about stores opening at midnight on Thanksgiving? Will you be out amongst the masses on Friday?
I do almost all my shopping online so Black Friday means nothing to me. In fact, I think it’s rather sad that this year stores are opening on Thanksgiving to get a jump on Black Friday. Thursday should be for families, not shopping. I will NOT be amongst the masses on Friday, except perhaps to go to the pharmacy and pick up some cheap Christmas cards.
6. Speaking of the colour black-which black item in your wardrobe would you say is your favourite?
I have a black kurti (tunic top) that I love that is embroidered and is beautiful and I shall probably wear it today.
7. What do you appreciate about your life today?
My family and friends and my work with CASA (Court-Appointed Special Advocates for Children).
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I wish it were a bit cooler so it felt more like Autumn. It doesn’t feel like Thanksgiving when it’s 80 degrees F.