1. Summertime is a season of reunions, weddings, and other family celebrations and gatherings…are any of the above on your calendar in the next two months?
Sadly, my family has no reunions or weddings planned for this summer. Everyone is married off, except for my nephew and he has no prospect on the horizon as he has recently come back to Utica, NY. My granddaughters are too young to to married off. They are busy working this summer. So we have nothing planned.
2. June is National Iced Tea Month…are you an iced tea drinker? If so, how do you like yours (sweet, flavoured, etc)?
I do like iced tea. One can’t live in Texas and not like iced tea. I like flavored iced tea. I like peach and raspberry tea. Sweet tea.
3. When were you last nervous? Looking back, was the event actually ‘nerve-worthy’?
I’m always nervous. I suffer from anxiety and I’m always a bundle of nerves. The last “bad” time was when I was doing my taxes and I wasn’t sure how much money I was going to owe to the federal government.
4. The bristle toothbrush was invented in China on June 26, 1498…not sure how that date was pinned down so precisely but, on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being sick to your stomach and 1 being not at all, how nervous do you feel when you’re headed to the dentist? Do you see your dentist twice a year?
I hate going to the dentist. I haven’t been in six months. I should go but I don’t have the cash at the moment. I know I should go but I just hate it.
5. What’s making news in your town this week?
The heat is making news in San Antonio this week. We are having 100 degree days, with heat index of 102-105. It’s just plain hot. The dogs and I just stay in the house until I have to go out to take the granddaughters to work or the dogs need to go out–late at night or early in the morning.
6. Curtains, drapes, blinds…your window treatment of choice? Are there any bare windows in your house? Is that by choice or because you just haven’t gotten around to covering them?
I have vertical blinds in my town home. I have only two windows in my town home–one in the living room and one in the bedroom. The only bare window is the window that is high up in the living room in the cathedral ceiling.
7. Summertime is officially here (in the Northern hemisphere anyway)….what one song is a must-have on your summer playlist?
I hate these song ones. “Little Deuce Coup” by the Beach Boys has always been a favorite of mine for the summer.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’d like a vacation. I’m not getting one, but I’d like one. I don’t know where I’d like to go or what I’d like to do, but I’d like to get away.