Welcome to this week’s edition of the Wednesday Hodgepodge!
1. July 24th is Amelia Earhart Day. Earhart was the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean. What’s something you’ve recently accomplished solo?
I have figured out how to crochet a scarf, actually two scarves. For me, this was a big challenge. I learned to read the pattern and then figured out how to do the stitches and in both cases I actually got them right! I surprised myself.
2. What’s a product you use that never ever fails?
Resolve carpet cleaner. It is wonderful for getting spots out of carpets. The other product that I love is CVS’s spot remover. It is the cheaper version of Tide’s spot remover and works like a dream.
3. Have you found your place in this world? Where is it?
I think I have. I have found my place as a CASA advocate and a tutor. I am a grandmother and a mother. I am comfortable with who I am and where I fit in the world.
4. Worst movie you ever saw?
The most recent “worst movie” I saw was “Warm Bodies.” Other people loved it. I just thought it was terribly stupid.
5. What’s the last fun thing you did?
The last fun thing I did was to go out for lunch on Mother’s Day with my daughter and granddaughters. We had a lovely lunch and good conversation. It was fun.
6. The month of July is named for Roman emperor Julius Caesar…ever been to Rome? What’s your favourite Italian dish?
I love baked ziti. With lots of cheese.
7. What is one piece of advice you’d give new mother Kate Middleton?
Sleep and rest when the baby sleeps and discourage visitors for the first few weeks. Take your time to get to know your baby. Take time for yourself.
8. Insert your own random thought here
It’s hotter than blazes here in Texas with no relief in sight. We are back into 100+ degree days. No rain. I really hate it.