1. It was decided on Sunday the Denver Broncos will meet the Seattle Seahawks in this year’s Superbowl. So, when was the last time you bowled? Not where you thought this question was going is it? Do you like to bowl? Are you any good?
I last bowled when my daughter was in grammar school. Her class went bowling and I chaperoned. I like to bowl but I am a terrible bowler.
2. Should sports stars be role models?
They shouldn’t be role models. They are who they are, both good and bad. But young people will emulate them no matter what they do. It’s hard to explain to kids why they shouldn’t be role models and no amount of effort will make them into role models. It’s a sad situation.
3. January is National Oatmeal month…are you a fan? How do you like your oats?
I am a fan. I love oatmeal warm with milk. I like the flavored kind, with maple and brown sugar the best.
4. What is one book on your reading list for 2014?
Anything by Elizabeth George. I’m also going the be reading The Aviator’s Wife for a book group. It’s about Charles Lindbergh’s wife. That should be interesting.
5. What would you like your future self to say to your present self?
Don’t hold grudges and appreciate each day.
6. When scrolling through the TV guide, what is one movie title that makes you want to stop, grab the popcorn, and watch for a while?
Any Woody Allen movie. I love Woody Allen and his movies. They are the best.
7. What are two style trends you hope never come back into fashion?
The color blocks that were popular in the sixties and the granny dresses. They were horrible.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’m currently bracing for a winter storm here in south Texas. We are expecting icy roads and snow flurries. This is a big deal for us since we aren’t used to driving in ice and sleet. My book group for tomorrow was cancelled because of the storm warnings. So I plan to stay in and stay warm.