Wednesday Hodgepodge – 2nd April
1. Since the questions posted on the first day of April it seemed only right to ask-when was the last time you did something foolish? If you can’t answer that one, try this one-when was the last time someone fooled you?
I honestly can’t remember when I did something foolish but I must have. Oh yes. I did something stupid when I tried to cook egg rolls in a microwave instead of frying them in a frying pan. That was stupid and foolish. Does that count? I think so.
2. What’s the last biography or non-fiction book you’ve read? Was it any good?
I read the Quran. I also read a book on John Adams, a biography. It was very good. He was a fascinating man.
3. Garlic-friend or foe? What’s your favourite dish made with garlic?
Garlic is most definitely a friend. My favorite dish is shrimp scampi. I love shrimp and the garlic is divine.
4. Several spring flower festivals happen in the US during the month of April. Of those listed which would you most like to see in person…The Skagit Tulip Festival in Skagit Washington, The Dogwood Arts Festival in Knoxville Tennessee, The North Carolina Azalea Festival in Wilmington North Carolina, or Daffodil Festival Weekend on Nantucket Island Massachusetts?
I would love to see the tulip festival in Washington. I love tulips.
5. How do you choose which blogs to read? What is something that will make you stop and read every time? Something that makes you say, ‘eh, think I’ll skip this and move on to the next’?
I have my favorite blogs and I always read them. I know they will have something to say and they are always “on.” I catch other as I can. Sometimes their titles catch me and I stop to read.
6. April is National Mathematics Education Month so tell us, when did you last use maths?
I use maths on my taxes and balancing my checkbook. And I used it to answer a trivia question this morning.
7. In honour of the A-Z challenge which kicked off on April 1…choose one word beginning with the letter A to describe your yesterday.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It’s time for me to make another run down to the little shop in the Mexican market where I buy my postcards. I buy 200 postcards at one time to send out to my postcard club. So today I will go down to the market and sort through the postcards and pick out my 200 postcards that I will stock up on to have at my disposal for the next few months to send out. That’s my errand for today.